This holiday season will look different than any other, but with the right digital marketing plan, you can prepare your business for anything. Retailers, big and small, will need to provide a cohesive digital experience for their customers across all their platforms. It’s important to develop a digital marketing strategy that will create a streamlined experience for consumers in order to take advantage of the expected growth this holiday season.
Shift to Digital Consumption
Given the global climate and the risks associated with being in public places, it’s no surprise that 65% of Canadian consumers plan to shop online more for the holidays this year. Ecommerce sales are expected to increase exponentially this holiday season, and retailers will need to respond accordingly. You will need to make sure that they are easily accessible online through websites, social platforms, and most importantly, Google My Business listings; here’s why.
- GMB listings are essentially a digital front door for your business, so ensure your listings are up-to-date and accurate.
- GMB features are an excellent way to promote holiday deals and events, just make sure the promotions are consistent across all your platforms.
- Seamless GMB click-to-website functionality allows customers to find you easily, and if the experience is effortless, they are more likely to become a repeat customer.
Brick & Mortar Isn’t Dead
Although eCommerce will be the star of the show this year, it would be a mistake to neglect the omnichannel shopping experience when you are developing your digital marketing plan for this holiday season. A lot of consumers are indeed reluctant to go into public spaces, but only 7% of Canadians said they wouldn’t go into a physical retail establishment to shop this year. They will be shopping differently though, and likely browsing, checking stock, and even purchasing for pick up on your website. Omnichannel shopping essentially means that they will be interacting with every touchpoint of your business from social media to web, and even brick and mortar, so it’s imperative that your digital marketing plan is impeccable this holiday season. Ensure that:
- All of your social, web channels align with your physical establishments and are cohesive.
- There are shopping options to suit all consumers’ needs, including online purchasing and delivery, in-store pickup, curbside pickup, and of course, in-store shopping.
- A team of knowledgeable employees is standing by to answer online customers questions and concerns about products and shipping
Need a hand upping your digital marketing in time for the holiday season?
idig Marketing can help!
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have or if you would like to learn more about our services.
idig Marketing is a full-service digital agency that generates meaningful website traffic and drives high value leads to your organization. By optimizing organic content with paid advertising, our custom methodology is adapted to meet your requirements and exceed your objectives.