How an Industrial Tool Supplier Increased Revenue by 45% in a Matter of Months
“I was amazed at the level of detail and enthusiasm these guys have for our web business. I was surprised by the level of passion and personal investment these designers have for driving our online business. They are absolutely determined to grow web business – increasing our digital presence, expanding our geographic reach and helping SB grow as the distributor of the future.”
– Scott Simpson, SB Simpson, President
SB Simpson is a Canadian company that’s been selling industrial maintenance, repair, production, and safety supplies since 1960. Their inventory consists of over 50,000 SKUs, on top of offering customizable value-added services.
SB Simpson’s sales increased at the onset of the pandemic but levelled off shortly after. With a desire to increase sales and find a better system to manage their vast inventory, they approached iDIG Marketing.
SB Simpson had an outdated website and lacked a functional e-Commerce solution to host, manage, and sell their 50,000+ products. The site was not responsive and didn’t have the features required to run their business or stay competitive. There were no analytics, no integrations, and zero connection to any social media platforms.
iDIG recognized the need to modernize their site and develop a functional platform for their online business. SB also required an entirely new digital platform that could handle its huge inventory, process payments securely, as well as attract new customers.
iDIG Marketing proposed a multi-faceted solution.
The first part of our solution involved spending a great deal of time with the client, getting to know their needs and priorities in order to develop a strategy.
- Audited the existing website and technological infrastructure from a technical and user perspective.
- Developed an outline to attract new customers and increase online sales more efficiently.
- Underwent demos and conducted analyses to determine the best web solution for the client’s needs.
Website Development & e-Commerce Development
After a process of technical analysis, setup, design, migration, integrations, and testing, iDIG’s development team created a new web platform.
- Developed a more modern, responsive website using existing copy that’s analytics-enabled.
- Configured WooCommerce for online ordering, easy checkout process, and payment processing.
- Created an online ecosystem to easily manage and sell their 50,000+ SKUs and integrated with existing business operations.
The final piece of the solution was a PPC/Google Ads campaign.
- Established and managed an effective Google Merchant Account and ad campaign to increase online sales.
- Used relevant tools to monitor campaign, test new formats, and optimize ad placement and budget for maximum conversions.
- Continuously reviewed analytics and refined the campaign to maximize ad spend and reduce CPA as much as possible.